Saturday, January 15, 2011

back to the cube

Finally got my butt back into gear to spend some more time with the cube.

I'm in the process of getting the mount completed and fixing all the electronics down. Once that's done, the only thing left will all be in software, so that will be great. 

Here's some pics of the mount in progress. I just used thread bar and nuts and washers.



I haven't yet worked out entirely how big the gap has to be between the top and bottom board. Once I mount the electronics, it'll be easier to see what the gap needs to be. 


Once i know what the gap is going to be i'll be able to trip the bolts to size. 


I'm actually extremely pleased with how it's coming up. It's quite a basic approach but I think it looks really great, has that utilitarian / industrial look. I have some flat black spray paint that i'm going to spray the particle boards with.


Should have some more progress photos over the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitor counter