Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It has been way too long. 8x8x8 update

Well it's not because I haven't been doing anything! I've been hacking away for the last several weeks, trying to get back on top of this monster, but it hasn't been playing nice.

I was still suffering from the terrible interference type problem I've had pretty much from the start. Even with the ribbon cables and the fancy new custom PCBs, i was still getting a very noisy signal. Anyway, after hours and hours of analysis, i think I've finally got it going pretty well. The secret was to create a signal loop of all the control lines. Ok, probably obvious to someone who knows about such things, but I felt pretty proud of myself when I came up with it!

Anyway, the result is, a very nice test pattern, no noise, no distortion. The pattern moves, which you can't tell from the photo, but i might put a clip up on youtube soon.


2 comments:

  1. can add me msn ??raylim7514@hotmail.com ..i nid your help //thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. have project for you..

    if interested contact me MSN macka157@hotmail.com

    or email me
    e7digital@optusnet.com.au

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

visitor counter